Water is practically everywhere- right from the air we breathe, to the water in our own body. It is the most important ingredients for survival, yet many times its importance is taken for granted. ScienceAdda believes in giving water its due awareness, by carefully choosing a few topics that cover the fundamentals to enable children understand the concept of water more clearly through the pavilion experience.
The pavilion aims to address the basics,for example–how do fish manage to survive when a lake freezes ? How does a pressure cooker cook meals faster? How does soap release dirt from clothes while washing ? These questions are then linked to specific properties of water like: Anomalous expansion, Super–heated steam, Surface tension etc
- Life Liquid– Drinking Water
- Physical States -Density, Melting and Boiling points and impact in various conditions
- Universal Solvent -Impact on conductivity colloids & Emulsions
- Surface Tension –Hydrophobic/ Hydrophillic Floatation ,soap/cleansing.
- Water in Nature-Water and Plants, Clouds and Rain, Aquifers, Springs and Wells
- Real life Applications-Steam, water jets as a source of energy.
- Odd facts– Leidenfrost effect, anomalous expansion, nucleation